Saffron, a type of spice, is extracted from the stamens of flowering plants that are native to Asia. It can be used to enhance the flavor and character of many foods. It is a staple spice in Asian and Indian cuisines due to its savory flavor. Saffron is a very expensive spice. It is therefore important to use it with caution and sparingly. Many people don’t know that saffron has many other benefits than just its culinary uses. There are many health benefits associated with saffron. Let me tell you about a few of these.
1. It can help suppress your appetite. Saffron Best Iranian Saffron extract can be used to reduce appetite. It reduces hunger by reducing body serotonin levels, which is the main reason for binging. Saffron extract helps to reduce one’s appetite and can also help you manage calories and encourage weight loss. It helps to reduce hunger pangs, and other cravings.
2. It protects the brain from injury. Numerous studies have shown that saffron can protect brain cells from inflammation. This can improve and sustain your brain’s health. It has been proven that saffron extract supplementation can help increase your short- and long-term memory.
3. It reduces anxiety and stress. Saffron extract can trigger chemical reactions in our brains that are released when we eat food. These happy chemicals can dramatically improve your mood and decrease anxiety attacks.
4. It can relieve pain. Saffron extract has been used as a natural painkiller by Asians and Middle Easterns for centuries. It is still used to treat stomach and kidney pain.
5. It is a great way to treat or prevent depression. A 30 mg dose of saffron extract can be as potent as a Prozac 20 mg. The best thing about saffron is its all-natural nature. This means that there are no side effects, unlike anti depressants. The body’s serotonin levels are increased, which is how it works as an anti-depressant. It is recommended to be taken if you have PMS or are just depressed.